Content supports National Curriculum Key Learning Areas, General Capabilities and Cross-Curriculum Priorities and National Schools Poster Competition, Mini Solar Vehicles Competition and career knowledge.
Approximately 1-hour online workshop (available dates and times to be announced in March for delivery April – August)
- Industry 5.0, Statistics, Systems thinking, Sustainability and STEM
- National Schools Poster Competition
- Mini Solar Vehicle Competition
Delivered in cohorts across schools as follows:
- Stages 2-3
- Stages 4-5
- Stage 6
- Online support materials and resources^
Please provide your principal’s address within your registration details so we
may write to seek principal approval.
Students will be invited, via teacher, to:
- complete anonymous online survey surrounding interest and knowledge of the SSSS fields and careers therein (the survey may be used as a classroom learning opportunity)
- submit questions (teacher may submit up to 5 questions)
- there will be an opportunity to raise questions at the workshop – the number of participants across schools may reduce the chance of an individual’s question being asked at that time
- During workshop:
- contribute to discussions and raise questions
- complete an online survey surrounding interest and knowledge of the SSSS fields and careers therein
- submit follow-up questions (teacher may submit up to 5 questions)
Further details will be added shortly.
^ accessible upon completion of pre-workshop survey after teacher registration, or post-workshop
SSSS – Summary
This 2023 national initiative will involve these free online activities:
- Teacher/educator professional learning workshops
- Student workshops – practical implementation & career opportunities
- Two national student competitions:
which will develop SSSS skills core to the National Curriculum, Industry 5.0 and beyond and positively impact the attitudes, aspirations and abilities of educators and the future workforce.
The initiative addresses and supports:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Standards 1-4, 6, 7)
- Key learning areas
- General capabilities
- Cross-curriculum priorities