Submissions are due online by 5 November via teacher registration.
Further details and competition criteria will be provided during March.
Up to 2,000 mini solar vehicle kits will be available at the heavily subsidised cost of $5 (instead of $30) per kit (including delivery).
Kits can be re-used!
From the many available parts, construct your own mini Solar Vehicle (SV), try varied configurations and attempt to be the fastest over a 10m track.
You will be required to submit your mini SV’s time and a video of the run (further details will be available later) – via your registered teacher.
A cash prize will be awarded for the winner in each of the 3 Divisions
- Primary (Stages 2-3) $100
- Junior Secondary (Stages 4-5) $150
- Senior Secondary (Stage 6) $200
SSSS – Summary
This 2023 national initiative will involve these free online activities:
- Teacher/educator professional learning workshops
- Student workshops – practical implementation & career opportunities
- Two national student competitions:
which will develop SSSS skills core to the National Curriculum, Industry 5.0 and beyond and positively impact the attitudes, aspirations and abilities of educators and the future workforce.
The initiative addresses and supports:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Standards 1-4, 6, 7)
- Key learning areas
- General capabilities
- Cross-curriculum priorities